Leaside Tennis Club is a very active community tennis club operating in the popular Leaside area of Toronto. Trace Manes Park, between Rumsey Road and McRae Drive. Our members enjoy many well organized activities including Round Robins, (there are four per week), House League and for the more advanced players, Tournaments, Ladies and Inter-county Teams.



In 1944, when Millwood Park, [now Trace Manes] was only a field choked with weeds and covered with rocks, a fortyish “go-getter” took his racquet out of the moth balls and taught a group of youngsters the fundamentals of the game of tennis. This man, Matt Sayliss, along with neighbours Norm Lamport, Al Ogg and Norm Ramsey laid out two tennis courts, on the original mother earth, where our current courts 3,4,5 and 6 are.

The Leaside Tennis Club was founded in 1948 and was granted a charter under the Province of Ontario Corporations Act on September 11, 1968. As set out in the Charter, its objectives are “to operate a tennis club and to engage in all manner of activities which will encourage, foster and promote the game of tennis.”


  • # 6 floodlit courts, featuring Deco Turf* surface.
  • # All courts were resurfaced in 2013.
  • # Courts are open for play as early in the year as weather permits; similarly, the nets stay up as long as possible.
  • # All nets on the courts and nylon sight screens on the fences are supplied by the Leaside Tennis Club.
* Deco Turf is a polyurethane compound providing a true playing surface, easy on tennis balls, shoes and limbs.